Statute in Full:
(1) No person may shoot, kill, or wound with a firearm, or with any deadly weapon, any animal that is tied, staked out, caged or otherwise intentionally confined in an artificial enclosure, regardless of size.
(2)(a) Whoever is concerned in the commission of a violation of this section is a principal and may be charged with and convicted of the violation although he or she did not directly commit it and although the person who directly committed it has not been convicted of the violation.
(b) A person is concerned in the commission of a violation of this section under par. (a) if the person does any of the following:
1. Instigates, promotes, aids, or abets the violation as a principal, agent, employee, participant, or spectator.
2. Participates in any earnings from the commission of the violation.
3. Intentionally maintains or allows any place to be used for the commission of the violation.
(3) This section does not apply to any of the following animals:
(b) A captive wild bird that is shot, killed, or wounded on a bird hunting preserve licensed under s. 169.19.
(c) Farm-raised deer, as defined in s. 95.001(1)(ag).
(d) Animals that are treated in accordance with normally acceptable husbandry practices.
L.1971, c. 114, § 2.
St.1971, § 947.10.
L.1973, c. 314, § 6, eff. June 29, 1974.
St.1985, § 948.09.
1987 Act 332, § 54, eff. July 1, 1989.
1999 Act 185, § 193(1), eff. Sept. 1, 2000.
2001 Act 56, §§ 234 to 236, eff. Jan. 1, 2003.